Saturday, April 11, 2009

30 weeks!

I feel like we're coming down to the wire - in between all of K's bday celebrations (and her not really grasping the whole "birthday" idea yet), I am officially 30 weeks PG! YAY! As I type this, K's birthday party preparations on hold, Kyla is dancing away under my belly button! She is still very active, which I appreciate.
My bladder doesn't really appreciate it, though....I constantly feel like I have to pee, and it turns out I usually only have a dribble or two. LOL. But....that's OK. So far, I haven't wet my pants like many people I know at this point. Sneezing is tricky, but we've been OK!

I am still wearing the splints on my wrists to bed, and waking up with somewhat numb fingers. This AM, I tried to snap to the beat of a song Keifer was dancing to, but I couldn't! My fingers wouldn't work! My feet aren't looking TOO much like Shrek - yet. I treated myself to a pedicure the other night since I can't even bend over to take care of my toenails: it was heaven. Reading in a massage chair as the woman worked on my feet. *sigh*. Bliss. Plus,I figured I needed cute toes for K's bday party that is pool-side today (indoors, but still.....).

Babycenter.com tells us about Kyla this week: Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)See what your baby looks like this week.

Here is an idea of what I was talking about earlier when I said that K will take her pretend food and hold it up to my belly. I truly do NOT know what she thinks she is doing -other than maybe imitating the doctors she has seen listening to Kyla's heartbeat. Our Keifer girl is a hoot! If you click HERE, you'll see the follow up video to this one posted, plus see how K reacts when she hears the garage door open when Daddy gets home!



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

1 comment:

Ann(ie) said...

I'm almost 30 weeks and I'm REALLY slowing down. I should really just hang out in the bathroom b/c I too am in there every 2.5 seconds!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails