Wednesday, April 07, 2010

The wanna be Idol?

"Mama, that girl is silly" - says K1 to me as she was watching the singer Ke$ha flounce around the American Idol stage a few weeks back, singing her song "Blah Blah Blah".

"I like this show, it's a funny show; can we watch her sing again?" This was her response to watching the insane performance Ke$ha put on, complete with dancing TV HEADS on stage with her. That' s what got my girl: the dancing TV heads. In fact, when we heard the song in the car a week later, Keifer said, "mama, this is my favorite song!" (although she says that about most songs she likes), and she even referenced that there were "dancing TV's" with this song on TV. Nice.

Yep, that's my girl. She is now really into the Idol this year - for the first time, and of course, it's a season when the talent is only so-so (in my humble opinion). What's interesting to me and CJ is that our girl seems to have a good ear for the "good" singers. She will bluntly tell us to not listen to the ones that are awful, and get really quiet and intent on watching when the singing is good.

"Is he/she good,Keifer?" we'll ask, and she'll nod her little head and whisper "yes".

She doesn't like "all the talking!" (NO TALKING, NO TALKING!) either, except if we happen to see judge Kara talking. "I like her", she'll say, or "I like that boy, what's his name?" about Ryan. Cute. My kid has a crush on Ryan Seacrest! LOL.

1 comment:

Kir said...

wow, she is JUST like her mama, she knows a good movie and a good tune!!!

loved reading about her new talent. Maybe she should replace Simon? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails