Saturday, May 16, 2009

35 weeks on my 35th birthday!

Growing, growing.......

Happy birthday to ME, tomorrow (Sunday!)

Here I am in my 35 1/2 week PG glory (on my 35th birthday!)--- loving every second that my girl is inside me thriving away, but also wishing she was being much nicer to mama than she has been lately.

I've been spotting since Wednesday night (late) off and on. It comes and goes. Apparently, this can happen when your cervix starts to stretch and dilate, and blood vessels pop. This never happened with Keifer's PG, so it was worrisome to me initially, but now *eh* -oh well. I also have been crampy - like AF cramps- off and on - and am having MUCH more difficulty walking at this early stage of the game. It literally takes me a minute to motor through the action of getting up and moving, and then I move like a slug!

I have been lying around all weekend, as it seems the more I move, the more I cramp and spot. So.....with only 3 weeks left of work and 8 days left of kids, the question remains: will I make it?

For my birthday, CJ and I were lucky to have my parents in town since Thursday night to help with Keifer. Last night, we had some burgers at Red Robin (thanks to my free coupon for MY cheeseburger), and tonight, they watched K while CJ and I had a low key date.

Imagine this: there I was at Red Robin, hitting the bathroom for the 50th time of the day, and realized I was spotting yet again. I get my mom, and there we are, in the big stall, examining my "spotting" to figure out: was it red or pink? Ahhhh , being PG - you lose all sense of modesty! LOL

CJ and I enjoyed dinner tonight at Red Slobster (the cheese biscuits are my downfall) and we went to see the new Star Trek movie. We've been hearing such rave reviews about it, we decided why not. I'm sooooooo not a "trekkie" fan, but found it was enjoyable. Not the best movie out there, in my opinion, but enjoyable enough, and it was nice to spend time relaxing with my sweet hubby, kicked back, snacking, and holding hands :)

My parents took Keifer on her favorite excursion while we were on our date: shopping! Then, they had dinner out and picked up a birthday cake for mama. Apparently Keifer told my mom that it's HER birthday, not mama's, so we'll see how she does when it's time for me to blow my candles out tomorrow on the yummy cake!

As for my PG, Babycenter.com tells me: How your baby's growing:Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

7 comments:

Jeni said...

I am with you on the cheese biscuits, I actually made Andy go and get those for me once during my first PG because I had a craving. You are looking great btw!

Nada in Australia said...

Happy Birthday Soupy! You look amazing in your picture. It must be the pregnancy glow. Congratulations, and all the best for the coming few weeks. You are in my thoughts

Jamie said...

Can you please tell me the secret to looking so amazingly thin and attractive while still managing to be 35 weeks pregnant? I know I will not be so lucky...

Happy Birthday!! I am so glad you guys were able to go out on your own for a bit and are having a good weekend. I am sorry about the spotting, but you are far enough along at this point that even if she does decide to make an appearance, it shouldn't mean complications, which is definitely a good thing!

Red Lobster and a movie sounds amazing... :) And so does cake...

FinnLand said...

I agree with Jamie...how in the world do you manage to look so darn skinny at 35 weeks PG?!?! I want your secrets!

Good luck with the last few weeks of school. Deep breath, it's almost over. :)

Michele (Moosh) said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOVE!!!!!

You look so amazing. Seriously.

And I turned 31 weeks on my 31st birthday with Madeline! :-)

I almost don't want you to have Kyla--you look *that* good pregnant!!! *cat calls* ;-)

Kir said...

Hi sweets, I forgot it was your birthday, but isn't it funny that all day yesterday I kept saying to John: "I'm going to call Carrie, she's on my mind"...Mind melding..must be (Giggles)

HAPPY HAPPY SWEETIE pie...you look gorgeous!!!!! GORGEOUS! Only a few more weeks, and the spotting is probably nothing (fingers crossed) just your body getting ready for Kyla.

love you, HAPPY HAPPY!!! *smooch* Kir :)

Journeys of Life Photography said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it was wonderful! You look amazing, pregnancy agrees with you! I can't wait to see the new updates when you have your newest addition!
~Melissa

www.journeysoflifephotography.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails