Friday, April 24, 2009

Let 'em rip.....32 week appointment

I had my 32 week appointment yesterday. It seems as though I was JUST sitting in the OB office, waiting for the 30 week check up. Luckily, no internals until 36 weeks, so we just go over the basics, blood pressure, etc., and this time, I had to ask for some nasal spray. It's full blown allergy season here in MN and I have been a wreck. The over the counter "regular" medicine for allergies have NOT been doing a damn thing for me, so I've been an itchy, sniffling, sneezing, coughing mess! My OB is wonderful- and she prescribed me some nasal spray. I waited at Target after my appointment until the prescription was filled! Bliss, sweet bliss! I'm not sneezing nearly half as much! YAY!

Anyhoo, all is fine on the baby front: my blood pressure is fine, I've gained exactly 32 pounds (32 pounds at 32 weeks, ironic, huh?), and the heartbeat was again in the 150's. Kyla kicked at my OB when she was measuring the belly! The girl doesn't like to be bugged inside mommy, just like her sissy! :)

And, a little funny story for you. Previous to my OB appointment, I had a chiropractic appointment. I've been finding the adjustments to be soooooo relaxing and much needed, especially in my neck and lower right back. Dr. Nicole had me lay on my left side, so she could bend my right leg and "pop" my lower back into place. As she pushed down, I let out the loudest TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT I've ever done (well, at least in public, which I cannot remember ever doing!). I was mortified! LOL. However, not knowing I had to toot, and then tooting so damn loud, had me giggling nonstop. Dr. Nicole just said that it happens all the time, and that when she was PG, she was very gassy. *giggle*. It's always my nightmare that I'll toot or something during an OB check up, but I had never considered if one escaped during the chiro!

Here's what babycenter.com says about Kyla's growth: How your baby's growing:By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.See what your baby looks like this week.

1 comment:

Ann(ie) said...

hehe. That SO would happen to me. I'm really enjoying lately every time I laugh hard that I pee a little. =/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails