Friday, March 13, 2009

PG update:26 weeks

Twenty six weeks has arrived with little fanfare. Baby girl Kyla continues to kick and squirm inside me, causing so many smiles. Last weekend, CJ got to feel her flip and move, and made it made both of us smile.

I've had a few more comments at work about how "cute" my belly is, and one of the two chiropractors I see told me on Tuesday that I looked like I had a basketball shoved up my shirt. LOL.

I had my 26 week check up with Addie, and all seemed fine. Kyla's heartbeat was around 156, and I'm measuring "right on" bellywise. I've gained 23 lbs total so far; I"m not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing?

I've noticed that my taste buds seem to really want and NEED things that have spice to them. Last night, we had tacos for dinner, and we used the same spice brand that we did a few weeks back. I commented to CJ that the meat didn't seem to have a lot of spice, and he was surprised. He seemed to think there was PLENTY of spice- so apparently, my craving for all things flavorful makes sense. I need the "burst" of flavor when I eat!

Babycenter.com tells me: The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.

1 comment:

Michele (Moosh) said...

I wish I could see you and rub that belly!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails