Monday, October 06, 2008

Mommy had a movie day

Mommy had an afternoon matinee day yesterday. I was able to go and see Burn After Reading, which I've been itching to see ever since it came out. Lately, I haven't had the urge to see ANY of the movies that are out right now. I'm not sure if it's my taste in movies changing or if it's the fact that Hollywood seems to be releasing a bunch of crap, but I hadn't been to a theater since CJ and I had a date at the end of August. Back then, we saw Tropic Thunder, and other than the wonderful performance by Robert Downey Jr., we were greatly disappointed. I was so happy that I was not disappointed by this movie.

CJ suggested I go yesterday, after a busy weekend of friends, parties, and family. I gladly agreed. It has been far too long since I've had my "respite". I enjoyed this movie, and found myself chuckling out loud many times at this dark comedy. It's a hard one to describe, but if you have the chance to see it, and enjoy the Coen Brothers, I think you might like it. I especially enjoyed Frances McDormand as a body image obsessed singleton looking for love. Hee hee.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails