Friday, October 24, 2008

Bye Bye

I am not a big Mariah Carey fan. Not at all. I never have been, and probably never will be. However, I have enjoyed a few of her songs throughout the years.

This summer, her song/video Bye Bye was featured on VH1's Jumpstart pretty much every morning, when Keif and I were starting out our day. Although I'm not a big fan of the song, I have to admit the video and listening to the lyrics has me tearing up every damn time I hear it. I saw it at the gym about a month ago, and had to re-focus on something else because I didn't want to get caught sobbing to a video at the gym.

I guess the reason it touches me, is because she flashes pictures of people that have passed away, that obviously have meant something to her in her life.

Whenever I see this video, or hear the song, I immediately think of the family and friends I've lost in the past few years. The biggest loss lately, would be my Grandma Gina last December, and my Papa this past July. I'm still sad about losing the two of them, but I do know that they are in a better place. I just hope and pray that they are able to look down and see that I am PG again, and it makes them happy that Keifer will be a big sister. I told Grandma the last time I saw her to whisper in God's ear for a baby, and she said she would. Maybe she did? Who knows. If she did, I'm willing to be it's a girl baby, and if so, it'll be K*** Whitney - Whitney as her middle name in honor of my Grandma's maiden name.

1 comment:

kristine said...

Awww. That would be tough having to refocus so you don't weep at the gym. People might really wonder.
So, I don't know if the stars are for the actual amount of letters in the name. If so, I am guessing Kate or Katy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails