Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day! My second time in my life (and K's) that I am lucky enough to be able to say "I am a mother!" We had a great weekend. My parents came down yesterday, and CJ and I celebrated Mother's Day/my birthday (next weekend) by going out to dinner, and thoroughly enjoying Iron Man (run, don't walk, to see it! It is wonderful and only deepens my crush on Robert Downey Jr.).

This AM, I was able to sleep in, and I awoke to beautiful tulips (my fave flower) and a gift card for a massage from my darling daughter! Then, we packed up our car and hit the MN zoo, where we indulged in a Family Pass for the year (which will pay for itself after only a couple visits) and enjoyed a few hours wandering around. We didn't get too far; K was getting tired, but she really seemed to enjoy the monkeys, and the fish, especially the dolphins. She kept waving at the monkeys and the fish, it was super sweet to see. We came home, my parents went home, and both K and mama took a nap. I woke up and treated myself to a pedicure, and now am relaxing, eating leftovers from my Tastefully Simple party on Friday. What a blessed weekend.

Looking at some fishies with Dada
Monkey girl watches her distant relatives (the monkey, of course!)
that is the tiniest monkey baby ever at the bottom of the lying down mama (poor mama, trying to rest and getting bugged! LOL)
an older teenaged monkey and daddy?

5 comments:

DMB said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! Sounds like it was a great weekend! :)

D

Michele (Moosh) said...

Your mom is so.darn.cute!!!

Glad you had a great day!!!! We did, too. And you're right--the zoo will pay for itself. The best part is, you can go for 30 minutes and leave and not feel guilty that you didn't get your money's worth, KWIM? We did that all the time.

I don't know what's happening, but I keep leaving responses on your blog and then notice a few days later that they're not there! Have you heard that from anyone else? Some show up, some don't. So weird. Wonder if this will even still be here by Tuesday! LOL

Miss you so much. Think of you so much. Love you so much. :-)

kristine said...

Sounds like you had a great day! That's wonderful!
Happy Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

Happy Mommy's Day!!! Makes you want to cry doesn't it! We have the Zoo pass too - we LOVE it!

Kir said...

ah you had a great weekend and a wonderful day.
I am so glad your Mother's day was as special as you are. Sounds like things were just perfect.

*hugs*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails