Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Recipe - you'll like: Mock Manicotti

For the last 2 years, I was teaching within a junior high school, while the remodeled our classrooms at the Elementary school. We got to know the junior high special education teachers, and one of them, Courtney, shared some yummy recipes with me. I made it last week, and enjoyed the leftovers as lunch last week, and, well, just had to share, because it is so easy and SO delicious!
Thanks to you, Courtney, if you're reading, and hope you are feeling good! Keep me posted on your baby status!


Mock Manicotti

Ingredients

3 C. (24 oz) fat-free cottage cheese 8 lasagna noodles, cooked
1 pkg. (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach 1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 pkg. (8 oz) reduced fat cream cheese 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. salt


Procedure
In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Spread 1/2 cup over each cooked noodle, roll up jelly-roll style. Place seam side down in an 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish coated w/ non stick spray. Sprinkle w/mozzarella cheese.

Cover and bake at 350' for 35 minutes. Uncover, drizzle w/spaghetti sauce. Bake 10 min longer or until heated through.


*And I've been using whole wheat lasagna (in an attempt to eat good) and it's just as yummy!*

1 comment:

AW said...

Hey! I read your blog b/c I had a baby on April 9th, and I think it is fun to read about babies the same age. Anyway, I live in Charleston, SC and trust me, you don't get use to the humidity. I love the warm weather, but we are just waiting for the 70 degree days this winter to take our baby on long walks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails