Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Two weeks old

It is SO hard to believe that 2 weeks ago at this time exactly, I was in labor! Keifer is 2 weeks old today!Amazing how fast time goes -in the blink of an eye, my life is continuing to blur right by me. I'm so thankful that I have the rest of the school year off, and that I have the summer to spend with my girl and my fur kids, adjusting to our new life. I can't imagine going back to work after 6 weeks - I would be an utter mess!

Miss K. had her newborn Pediatrician appointment yesterday - and yesterday, Daddy CJ went back to work. He was sad to leave, but he came home at mid-day to take me and our Princess to the doctor. Our little girl is thriving! We kind of thought she was, but the doctor confirmed it! At birth, she was 8 pounds, 10 ounces; she went home 4 days later at 8 lbs., 6 oz., and yesterday she was 9 pounds, 2 ounces! She is in the 75%ile for her weight (overachiever, piggie girl!). Her length is still 21 inches (75%ile as well), and her head size is in the 80%ile! Big-headed girl! No wonder you didn't want to come out! LOL.


She did a major poop job at the doctor, which made it more real. LOL. She didn't seem to mind the examination, but didn't really enjoy the doctor prodding her mouth and nose and ears. LOL. The doctor commented on how she seems like a mellow baby - and I guess she is? We have a mellow little girl on our hands - which we are so thankful for! Mellow until it's time to go to bed at night - then she gets a bit fussy and doesn't want to be let go of (which of course, breaks our hearts). We rock her as much as our tired eyes can handle, and the past 2 nights have been pretty good *knock on WOOD*. She has only woken up once in the middle of the night and then slept until around 6 AM when daddy gets up for work. I'm praying this continues! LOL.

Other good news - I had my blood pressure checked at my OB's office (upstairs from Keif's doc),and it was GOOD! YAY! I passed the scale on the way out the door and asked if I could hop on? I did, and yay- I've lost 30 pounds since 2 weeks ago! All the fluid in my Shrek cankles and legs seem to be gone - and my belly is slowly but surely starting to flatten down. Of course, it's still mushy and floppy, and my belly button is STILL brown, but I'll take the 30 pound drop in weight! I gained about 45 pounds total with Keifer in my tummy!

"I love my activity mat" - the first time Keifer laid under it, she was in complete AWE - you could just see the wheels turning - like, "What IS this thing?" Almost a smile for mama?
Daddy and his girls (can you see Sass?)
Another Abby and Keifer picture- Abby wrote Auntie and Keifer a homemade letter- telling us she loves us so much! Such a proud big cousin.
Keifer's new hang out when mama showers! She loves the Papasan chair, and seems to enjoy the shower and fan/vent sound! Its nice for mama to be able to get clean, too! LOL
Mama attempting a burp - and enjoying the snuggle time - and the coos and sighs.

3 comments:

kristine said...

awwww!! i know it's true - time flies when you're having fun (and are emotional..and tired...and.....) It's crazy! You two look amazingly smitten with Keifer. :) It's adorable

Kir said...

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks already. Wow, time sure is flying.

Keifer is just beautiful!!! Getting cuter every single day.

Jennifer Prince said...

No way? 2 weeks??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails