Wednesday, April 04, 2007

40 weeks: We've made it to the final frontier

Yep, we've made it. After 3 years of trying to have a baby, 13 medicated cycles, 6 failed Inseminations, and 1 canceled IVF, we've made it to a full term PG. And we owe all that to our egg angel, Mooshie, because she so lovingly donated us her eggs (*well, her body and her time, which resulted in good eggs from her*).
Babycenter.com tells me: It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs in at a little over 7 pounds and is about 20 inches long. Your baby will continue to grow with every passing day (her nails and hair will continue to get longer, too). Your baby's skull bones are still separated and they'll stay that way to allow the bones to compress enough to fit through the birth canal during labor (you'll notice soft spots or "fontanels" on your baby's head for a year or more after birth).

For some reason, I'm willing to bet she's a big girl. Her daddy was 9 lbs, 13 oz. and her egg donor's daughter was 8 lbs, 12 oz, so anyone willing to take bets on how big Keifer is? LOL.

As for me, during this waiting game, of lazing around with my sore back - I've watched a LOT of movies this past weekend/week, and CJ and I have caught up on the new show "The Riches" that we've DVRed this month. I could take it or leave it, its OK. Nothing great, but enjoyable at times.

Movies I've watched in the past few days:
Babel

Thirteen Going on Thirty (on TV, even though I own, I love this movie! LOL)

And I have to say - I/we didn't really enjoy most of them. I did like Babel -even though it took me half the movie to realize I should've turned the subtitles on, as only 30% of the movie is in English - I think re-watching it helped me gain greater appreciation for the story. I liked it, but it is not a pick-me-up movie. The rest I could probably not watch and not feel like I missed anything (other than loving Thirteen Going on Thirty, who doesn't love that? LOL).

2 comments:

kristine said...

As previously stated - I hope she makes her appearance soon! I want to see pictures of that sweet little baby (and I am sure you are done with the aches and pains)

Michele (Moosh) said...

Yeah, and Madeline was 8 lbs 12 ounces FIFTEEN DAYS EARLY....they estimate she would have been 10 lbs if I made it to 40 weeks!

Hold on to your hat, girl! LOL

Love you. Will try to call tonight or possibly tomorrow morning from the road, OK? We need to discuss your visit! :-D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails