Thursday, January 04, 2007

Thump thump: 27 weeks

YAY! 27 weeks and going strong. Keifer has started really thumping around, especially at night, and especially on my left side or below my belly button. Just tonight, as I was driving to, and then from, babysitting Abby and Mason, she was thumping around in there, below the belly button. I'm not sure if its flips she's doing or what, its a really odd sensation, but I love it! We sent back the fetal doppler (our 3 month rental was up) so now any movement is so reassuring to me.
My fingers and ankles/feet have been more swollen than before. I actually slept the whole night last night with my feet up on 2 pillows and waking up this AM was the first AM in a few days that they haven't looked puffy and swollen. My fingers - I call them my "sausage fingers" as even stapling papers at work is hard to do - the pain from the carpal tunnel combined with the puffiness. I've just been hit hard with it all lately! LOL. I'm wondering if the morning sickness is creeping back into my life as well - as I've been sick to my stomach the past few days for most of the days. And, last night I was an emotional wreck AGAIN: and again, for no real reason. I just wanted to cry, and I just did. All night long. Treble, Sage and CJ comforted me, and I think Treble sneaking into our bed at 1AM last night (so not in his routine) was part of his "comfort mommy" love he's been feeling he has to do lately.
The nursery is coming along - in getting cleaned out! All we have left now is the computer desk, which CJ is going to probably trash as it is heavy and junky, and the guest bed (which is really Treble's nightly sleep spot). Otherwise, closet is ready for organizing all of the 2 bins of stuff for Keifer, and we're picking up a storage shelf (or 2?) at Target this week, to put in the closet for some "organizing". Then we'll paint our walls the "Baby Bee Yellow" I found at Home Depot (under the Mickey Mouse paint section, LOL), and I'm still waiting to hear if my friend Faye's painter friend is going to do the farmyard animals from our bedding on the walls.

Babycenter.com tells me, this week: Your baby is really starting to fill up your uterus. This week he weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14.4 inches long with his legs extended. He can now open and close his eyes, and he sleeps and wakes at regular intervals. He may suck his fingers, and although his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with assistance — if he were to be born prematurely. Chalk up any rhythmic movement you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and isn't bothersome to him, so enjoy the tickle. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. Wonder what he's thinking?

And my favorite story to share - I won't get into details, but CJ is really getting into educating himself on baby stuff, which warms my heart and makes me even more excited to have him be my partner in all this. This AM, he informed me he has been reading "The Happiest Baby on the Block" and getting some ideas, so I'm so glad we are on the same page with things!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails