I read a lot of books! Ha! I didn't meet my goal of surpassing last year's total number, but I will say I seem to keep my total number per year close to the 70 mark.
I definitely had a few this year I really loved! And a few I didn't even try to get into, even though there were rave reviews online and in magazines about them.
A few I would recommend:
Any of Liane Moriarty books, especially "What Alice Forgot"
"The Journal of Best Practices, etc:"
"Red Ruby Heart in a Cold Blue Sea"
Any of Gillian Glynn's books- "Gone Girl" was her big smash, but I did really enjoy her first two works of fiction.
"The Kitchen House"
"The Sandcastle Girls"
"The Story of a Beautiful Girl"
"The Twelve" -the follow-up to "The Passage" -which I preferred over it's sequel.
And I discovered Tana French. I read "Broken Harbor' and loved it, so I went back and started her books. They are somewhat in a series, as in they have the same back drop and some of the same characters recur in her books, but each book has it's own character's plot. LOVED "Into the Woods", didn't enjoy the second one as much, and really liked "Faithful Place", as well. I will say, I think "Broken Harbor" was her best, though, and I am glad to hear she is writing a new one!
Let me know what YOU have read this year and enjoyed!
Thank you for keeping up!
1. 11/22/63 -- Stephen King (Kindle)
22. Defending Jacob --William Landay
23. Divergent - Veronica Roth (Kindle)
24. Skipping a Beat--Sarah Pekkanen
25. The Good Father--Diane Chamberlain
26. Another Piece of my Heart --Jane Green
27. Afterward---Rosamund Lupton
28. Dark Places --Gillian Flynn (Kindle)
29. Sharp Objects--Gillian Flynn
30. Insurgent -- Veronica Roth (Kindle)
31. Prior Bad Acts--Tami Hoag
32. XO --Jeffery Deaver
33. Disengaged -- Beth Orsoff
34. Spilled Blood -- Brian Freeman
35. Gone Missing --Linda Castillo
36. Come Home --Lisa Scottoline
37. The Hypnotist's Love Story--Liane Moriarty
38. Ashes to Ashes --Tami Hoag (Kindle)
39. What Happened to Goodbye --Sarah Dessen (Kindle)
40. The Next Best Thing --Jennifer Weiner
41. The Stonecutter-Camilla Lackberg
42. American Dervish --Ayad Aktar
43. In One Person--John Irving (Kindle)
44. Gone Girl--Gillian Flynn
45. Still Alice --Lisa Genova (Kindle)
46. Compulsion --Jonathan Kellerman (Kindle)
47. Where We Belong--Emily Giffin
48. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail --Cheryl Strayed
49. The End of Everything --Megan Abbott
50. Monster--Jonathan Kellerman (Kindle)
51. Under the Dome --Stephan King
52. Always Something There to Remind Me-- Beth Harbison
53. The Age of Miracles --Karen Thompson Walker
54. The Sandcastle Girls --Chris Bohjalian (Kindle)
55. The Kitchen House --Kathleen Grissom
56. Trust Your Eyes -- Linwood Barclay
57. Heartbroken --Lisa Unger
58. The Talk- Funny Girl --Roland Merullo
59. Tell The Wolves I'm Home --Carol Rifka Brunt
60. Laura Lamont's Life in Pictures--Emma Straub
61. Emily and Einstein: A Novel of Second Chances --Linda Francis Lee
62. Last to Die -- Tess Gerritsen
63. The Story of a Beautiful Girl -- Rachel Simon (Kindle)
64. The Cutting Season --Attica Locke
65. Criminal --Karin Slaughter
66. The Twelve --Justin Cronin (Kindle)
67. Broken Harbor--Tana French
68. You Came Back -- Christopher Coake
69. Into the Woods --Tana French (Kindle)
70. The Likeness -- Tana French (Kindle)
71. Those We Love Most --Lee Woodruff
73. And When She Was Good --Laura Lippman
74. 1/2 or so through The Winter Sea -- Susanna Kearsley (Kindle)
75. 1/4 through Garnethill -- Denise Mina (Kindle)
Tried reading: A Discovery Of Witches, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, A Casual Vacancy, The Beautiful Mystery, and a few others, but could not get into them, so I returned them to the library.