Saturday, August 14, 2010

I did it, we did it, I did it: Hurrah!

Friday, the 13th of August, and I wrapped up my 50 book challenge list - a bit past half-way through the year, but still.....I did it! And I'm in the midst of 3 other books as well! Whoo hoo!! I'm loving the books I've been reading lately and am excited to get back into The Passage as soon as I finish a few more library books!

I just read Still Missing this week, per a review in People magazine. Awesome, people. Get it. Gripping and scary, but could.not.put.it.down! And as far as the whole Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, book, series, whatever...well, maybe I'm bias, but I'm really NOT a huge fan of the series. It took me about 3/4 of the first book to really get "into" the book and overall, I didnt' think it was as hugely entertaining as it's been hyped. I'm currently 1/2 way through The Girl Who Played With Fire, and although it started out much more engaging that the first, I'm hitting a lull again. I think I just read so much, that I find authors like Karin Slaughter, Jefferey Deaver, and Tess Gerritsen to be much more engaging and entertaining that these books are. Hmm. And I'm also SO excited that I found the author Brian Freeman again- I had read a book of his last summer, but I am really enjoying his mystery books, plus there is the added bonus that he writes/sets his stories in my hometown of Duluth!!

Here's my list thus far:

1. Blame-- Michelle Huneven
2.
Mennonite in a Little Black Dress -- Rhoda Janzen
3
. Best Friends Forever -- Jennifer Weiner
4.
Half Broke Horses -- Jeannette Walls
5.
The Broken Window- Jeffery Deaver
6.
The Blue Nowhere --Jeffery Deaver
7.
Positive Discipline: The First Three Years: From Infant to Toddler--Laying the Foundation for Raising a Capable, Confident Child--Jane Nelsen Ed.D., Cheryl Erwin and Roslyn Ann Duffy
8.
Jamesland --Michelle Huneven
9.
The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star – Nikki Sixx with Ian Griffins 10. The Latehomecomer: A Hmong Family Memoir-- Kao Kalia Yang
11.
Open: An Autobiography -- Andre Agassi
12.
The Brightest Star in the Sky – Marian Keyes
13.
You Say Tomato, I Say Shut Up: A Love Story--Annabelle Gurwitch and Jeff Kahn
14.
The Overnight Socialite--Bridie Clark
15.
Watchlist --Based on an idea by Jeffery Deaver
16.
The Swan Thieves --Elizabeth Kostova
17.
Think Twice --Lisa Scottoline
18.
The Perfect Husband --Lisa Gardner
19.
House Rules --Jodi Picoult
20.
Missing Mark -- Julie Kramer
21.
Hide --Lisa Gardner
22.
The Next Thing on my List --Jill Smolinski
23.
Chelsea, Chelsea, Bang, Bang -- Chelsea Handler
24.
Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen -- Susan Gregg Gilmore
25.
Poor Little Bitch Girl -- Jackie Collins
26.
The Carrie Diaries -- Candace Bushnell
27.
The Burying Place -- Brian Freeman
28.
Heart of the Matter --Emily Giffin
29.
Baby Proof--Emily Giffin
30.
Storm Prey-- John Sanford
31.
The Burning Wire --Jeffery Deaver
32.
Seven Year Switch--Claire Cook
33.
Something Borrowed--Emily Giffin* 34. Broken --Karin Slaughter
35.
The Solitude of Prime Numbers --Paolo Giordano
36.
Promises to Keep --Jane Green
37.
Something Blue --Emily Giffin
38.
Ice Cold -- Tess Gerritsen
39.
Life's a Beach -- Claire Cook
40.
Husband and Wife -- Leah Stewart
41.
Immoral --Brian Freeman
42.
Summer Blowout --Claire Cook
43.
You Couldn't Ignore Me If You Tried: The Brat Pack, John Hughes, and Their Impact on a Generation -- Susannah Gora
44.
The Forgotten Garden -- Kate Morton
45.
They're Watching -- Gregg Hurwitz
46.
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo-- Stieg Larsson
47.
One Day --David Nicholls
48.
Pray for Silence -- Linda Castillo
49.
Still Missing --Chevy Stevens
50.
Silencing Sam --Julie Kramer

3 comments:

Kir said...

wow!!!!! awesome ...girlfriend, that's fantastic...go, go, go :)

Jamie said...

Just want to say that I love these posts. I'm working on my own 50 book challenge this year and I'm only a little over 1/2 way. Congrats to you for all of your reading and thanks so much for sharing all of your great finds with us. I soooo love to read and I'm always looking for new titles. :) When my kids are grown and I retire, I fully intend to read a book a day -- it may be the large print editions, but still!!

Wendy and Karen said...

I love your book posts! Just love them. Congratulations on reaching your goal. Now I'm off to amazon to look at all the ones you've read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails