Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Kyla is HERE!

BIG NEWS! Our angel girl #2- Kyla - decided to make her debut last night- Tuesday, May 19! Um, shock!

I have been having issues getting into blogger via the internet access here at the hospital. I'll copy the post I was able to just do on Facebook with our story - but I'm having issues with posting pics of our beautiful angel of a girl- just know she looks almost exactly like Keifer did at birth- just a smaller "doll like" version!

You can see some dropshot video clips on our side bar ----->HERE


Here is the "story" I posted on Facebook:

Hello all- well , here is a rambling version (forgive me, I'm exhausted!) of our Soup baby #2's arrival at 35 weeks and 5 days!I thought that I might be leaking amniotic fluid late Sunday night. I was able to get into the doc on Monday AM, but was told it was not amniotic fluid, and also we found out baby K2 was breech.I went back on Tuesday the 19th in the PM at 4 for my regular OB weekly appt,w here Dr K determined it was amniotic fluid! She said to pack a bag and head to the hospital for my Csection that night!

I rushed home (in tears of nerves and worry), and rec'ed a call en route from Dr K that we were being bumped from the hospital near us up to Methodist, due to overflow of laboring mamas!

I went home, rushed around w/Keifer trailing me, and some wondering puppies. We waited for Uncle Corey to come pick up Keifer, who would watch her until my parents got down to our house from Duluth! Chris and I hopped in the car and drove thru rush hour and were at the hospital around 6:30ish, where they were also becoming quite full of laboring mamas! En route, I also started having contractions of my own!

We ended up having to wait for the doc to be available - and 2 women were in line before me. We sat around for about 4 hours, and I have to say, the nurses were fantastic and fun- keeping us updated on what the plans for the Csection were, etc. Finally, we were ready!

I went into the OR, with the wonderful nurses, and docs. Chris had to wait until the last minute so they could prep me. I ended up getting sick and throwing up about 3-4 times? from the spinal meds they used to block me- when my blood pressure dropped, I threw up what little stuff was in my tummy. Not feeling very glamorous! However, I didn't even REALIZE they had started the Csection until they were almost done- that' s how different this was from Keifer's! I also loved that the doc commented on my ab muscles being "very tight" - YAY!

At 11 PM on the dot, Kyla Whitney arrived into the world, butt first! I got to see her for a few seconds, then they rushed her to the next room for vitals, and cleaning, etc., Chris got to go with he. She apparently had fluid in her lungs, and would go to the special care nursery until that clears up. Within a few hours, this little girl would become so strong and is proving that she is a little strong fighter! She had to be under an oxygen bubble for a little over an hour, but has been breathing with no assistance since around midnight!

Our girl was 6 lbs 1 oz and 19 inches long- even at such an early time- imagine if she had gone full term? oye!

I was cleaned up, stitched up, etc, and immediately wheeled to our room- so fast! I ended up getting the shakes SUPER bad from the meds, hormones, etc., and was finally able to eat something after not eating since lunchtime 12 hours earlier. Again, the nurses were great, and got me anything I needed, while CJ went back and forth to the special care nursery to take care of our girl Kyla.I wasn't able to sleep ALL night, I was so jacked up on meds and adrenaline and love for this little angel girl of ours.

Around 5 AM, I surprised my nurse by asking to get up and walk! I was wheeled down to the nursery where I got to see our girl again for much longer! She is beautiful- a little mini - Keifer at birth! She was apparently doing even better and sleeping when we were there. Her eyes are beautiful - they just gaze at your when you talk to her and she definitely is a "soup family" baby - with her looks! She appears to have a dimple on her right cheek! :)

At 11 AM our girl took her first bottle- like a champ! :) She has since been eating regularly- not much-but sucks down the milk like a pro! She had her bath and is now resting while mama finally calms down to rest! :)

Mama will get to go home on Friday but Kyla most likely will not-- we're not sure of her timeline- it depends on her size and lung situation......Will post pics soon -- the Internet access here at the hospital is being tricky but Chris found a little loop hole here to get on quick to post these notes.

Thank you for ALL the support- we really appreciate it and so thankful to be blessed by so many friends and family who care so much about us all -Love to you all!!

And remember....dropshots!

14 comments:

LutherLiz said...

Congratulations! If you need anything while she is in the NICU just let me know. It can be hard to leave her there but they take such good care of the babies there. I'm glad everything is looking good.

Jamie said...

Congratulations!!! Welcome Baby Kyla!

Jamie said...

Holy cow!! I am so excited for you! It sounds like she is very strong for being a preemie and I am so glad that your doctor was able to determine that it was fluid and able to act quickly.

I am so happy for all of you and thrilled! I can't wait to hear about this new adventure in your lives and see pictures of Kyla!

Keifer is going to be a great big sister!

Monkeymama said...

Wow! Congratulations Soup family!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! I've been following your story on your blog for a year now and really enjoy the updates. And my son's birthday is also May 19th. We just had his 3rd birthday party last night while you were preparing for your own birth day! Congrats again!

Marketing Mama said...

Congratulations!!!! So happy to here you both are okay. I had my 2nd baby at Methodist and it was a great experience. Looking forward to seeing pics!

Ann(ie) said...

WOW!!!!!!! and YAY!!!! AND I'm VERY JEALOUS!!!!! :) My first one came as a surprise at the end of my 35th week and he was 6 lbs/19 in. Can't wait to see pics of your new little beauty and rest up mama!!!

Wendy and Karen said...

Hurray! She is here safely! I am so very happy for all of you! I'm just beaming. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. Welcome to the world baby Kyla. You chose a terrific family.

Jeni said...

Amazing! I was wondering if an early arrival was in your future with everything going on lately. Congratulations! So excited for your now family of four:)

Heather said...

Congratulations!!!! What a surprise!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Huge tears reading this. Congratulations! To you guys but also to Keifer for becoming a big sister.

kristine said...

Congratulations!!! And yes, she does look just like Keifer did. She's beautiful!

Unknown said...

She's so pretty! Congratulations- and I was SO surprised when I logged into my reader today!

Tara- twolines

Nada in Australia said...

Wow! Congratulations to you all. Welcome Kyla!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails