Friday, February 27, 2009

24 weeks and cooking.....


Last weekend, my friends Peggy and Alicia from high school came down to visit. It was so much fun, but a far cry from what we used to do the last time we really used to" hang out" together: aka: getting together well after 9PM to drink and go bar hopping and dancing. *sigh*. Those were fun days, but now, Alicia has 2 adorable boys, and Pegs in on her way to baby #1, after a struggle to get PG! I think we were all passed out cold, sleeping, before 9 PM even hit! LOL.

Pegs is 20 (well, 21 now) weeks PG with a BOY and I was 23 1/2 weeks PG with baby girl Kyla. We had our mandatory "belly pose" picture taken together. Shopping for baby items with her was just such a joy! I'm so excited to meet baby Gibby someday, not that far off in the future.....

As for me, well, I'm feeling larger and more "in charge" Ha ha. No, really.I feel large. Having a REALLY hard time eating and drinking anything the past week or so due to nasty heartburn. I had heard about heartburn, but Keifer never really gave me the bad kind. Kyla: it's a different story. I almost threw up from the pain associated with it the other night. Tums are my new pals. And breathing, well, she must be kicking up near my ribs already, because already I'm having a hard time catching my breath! I walked the puppies around the loop the other day and was huffing and puffing like crazy. But, I'll take it! She is so worth it!
Babycenter.com tells me: Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. I had horrible heartburn with Bailey (and she hardly had any hair at all when she is born so that is a big fat LIE). I had to sleep propped up and pop tums constantly.

But until you throw up IN your bed you haven't hit the lowest point ;) I hope that it gets better in the coming weeks. Can you at least drink milk to help it?

Wendy and Karen said...

I love the belly shots. I hope you feel better soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails