Saturday, January 03, 2009

PG update: 16 weeks and growing

I feel so bad that during this PG, I've been slacking in the update department. With Keifer, I had posts all. the.time about how I was growing, how big the growing babe was, and picture upon picture of my growing belly. People probably thought I was nuts. I hate to sound so cliche, but it is true: having an older sibling and being PG is a whole different experience. My time is devoted to Keifer unless she is sleeping, and the pictures are fewer, as well as the updates, as I just don't have the same opportunities to post about it. It's not to say I'm not thinking about this baby constantly: I am! We are still so excited that I am even able to say I'm PG again!

With Keifer, I never felt her moving until after the 20 week mark. This time, I swear I was feeling flutters around 12 weeks and the past few nights, while sitting and resting, I have felt little bubbles/flutters of movement. Today, CJ and I saw a movie, and I swear I felt a small, little kick almost! It feels like this baby is sitting right on top of my bladder (lower than K was) as I am always needing to pee, and I can actually feel the little bugger's energy right on top of my pubic bone. Nutso, but OH so cool!

The sickness and the tireds are starting to slow down for me; I have to say, I'm starting to feel a bit more human again. During our Mexico trip, I didn't feel sick at all (makes me wonder if stress has anything to do with morning/all day sickness? hmmm). All the fresh fruit in Mexico helped with with constipation, and it's not AS bad as it was before, since we've been home. I'm feeling less exhaustion overall, but when given the opportunity to sleep, I do. This AM, I slept in until 10:30 and on New Years Day I took a 3 1/2 hour nap. Sleep is wonderful.

Babycenter.com tells me:
How your baby's growing:Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.See what your baby looks like this week.

The top of your uterus is about halfway between your pubic bone and your navel, and the round ligaments that support it are thickening and stretching as it grows. You're probably feeling a whole lot better as you settle into pregnancy, too. Less nausea, fewer mood swings, and "glowing" skin contribute to an overall sense of well-being.Soon you'll experience one of the most wonderful moments of pregnancy — feeling your baby move. While some women notice "quickening" as early as 16 weeks, many don't feel their baby move until about 18 weeks or more. (And if this is your first baby, don't be too impatient — you may not be aware of your baby's movements until 20 weeks or so.) The earliest movements may feel like little flutters, gas bubbles, or even like popcorn popping. Over the following weeks they'll grow stronger and you'll be able to feel them much more frequently.



K investigating my belly button, as usual
In Mexico: some evidence in my clothes of something growing under there

1 comment:

Pegs said...

You and your belly are beautiful!! I can't wait Til I can start to feel the flutters and movements. I'm sorry you still have some of the sickis and tireds. I feel very lucky to have not gotten sick and have passed most of being tired. Take care.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails