Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Fly to the Angels

Yesterday, I was able to make it to Emilie's funeral, thanks to the help of a friend Courtney (thank you!) and Chris, who took half a day of work off to help me take care of Keifer. It was truly one of the most beautiful funerals I've ever been to. It took place in her church, the Basilica in Minneapolis, and was a very heartfelt service. I'm so glad I got to go. May Emilie rest in peace, and know she was beloved.

It was also nice to see some fellow MN bloggers, all friends of Emilie's, that I've been reading and message boarding with for a few years, but haven't ever met in person. And also, a few friends I haven't seen in person in quite some time. Missy, Liz, Kerry, and others: it was so nice to finally "see" you, although under such sad circumstances. If you're interested in reading more about Emilie, Missy has taken the time to gather all sorts of fellow bloggers' devotions to Emilie. It's amazing how the list is growing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails