Monday, December 15, 2008

13w, 5 d: OB update

I had another OB appointment today, this time with the woman who will be my "official" OB (as my beloved Addie is not an "official" OB). This is the woman who was on call the day I was induced, and ended up having to do an emergency C-section on me. She was great. I really liked her calm approach to things, and we sat and talked today for almost 20 minutes about my history, IVF, my first PG, and this one. We agreed, as I had talked about before, that I most likely will do a planned C-section this time, as the first round with Keifer, I stalled out dilated at a 9 for over 3 hours. This time, I'll feel more calm and relaxed about things and not panicking that my baby will get stuck inside me again. Also, hopefully I won't be as damn sore afterwards!

She didn't do a pelvic exam (YAY), but we did hear the beautiful sound of Soupbaby #2's heartbeat pattering away. *sigh*. It is a miracle to hear. This was the first time I've actually heard the heartbeat: on the previous ultrasounds, I've seen the heartbeat, but hadn't heard it yet. It was in the 150 range, same as the range that K was. Hmmm, does that mean girl again? LOL.

I also was quite happy that so far, I've only gained about 6 pounds total this PG, and I'm already almost 14 weeks! I'm not hitting the gym as I had hoped (so far) but hopefully the exhaustion and need to be in bed by 7:30 will soon end! *please?*

Off to get our girl into bed: daddy is bathing her and I can hear them puttering around, getting lotioned and dressed for bed. He gives her some lotion to rub into her belly, and she keeps going "more, pease, more pease". So sweet.

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Funny, I had a dr appointment today too and came to the same conclusion about delivery. Two time c-section for me too.

Shelli said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am glad I found you.

Good luck with the pregnancy. Rub some of that off on me, will you? lol

FinnLand said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FinnLand said...

Reading this put a smile on my face. There's something so magical about a baby's heartbeat.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails