Tuesday, March 04, 2008

CIO He**

Cry it out hell.
Yes, that was our house last night.
*warning to the Nana's: you may not want to read*

K has gotten into the habit of waking up at least 1 x per night, usually between 1 AM and 3AM, and CJ or I will get up and feed her and put her back down. Now, we all know she has the capability to sleep all night long; she used to do this months ago. We've attributed it to teething, but my trusty Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child poo poos that notion. So I gave her an hour last night: an hour to "cry it out",and go back to sleep on her own. She cried and paused and cried and screamed for us for 55 straight minutes. Needless to say, mama's tummy was a mess, and I know CJ and I both laid there in agony, willing her to go back to sleep. She finally did, and I rearranged her body once she was out cold, as she had fallen asleep sideways in her crib. I kept repeating to myself, "she is safe, she is safe, she is safe", and sure enough,she greeted me with a big smile this morning when I went in to get her up for the day. Whew. Let's all pray this stops this habit cold in it's tracks. Mama can't take the sleepless nights anymore. On top of it all, Sassy usually has to be let out in the middle of the night, and sure enough, she decided she had to do her 'bidness' about an hour after K finally fell asleep. Caffeine if my friend.

2 comments:

Jennifer Prince said...

((HUGS)) CIO is so hard, but so worth it. I know it's hard on us though!!

Marketing Mama said...

Hang in there - it totally sucks, but it will get better. I bet tonight she'll only cry a little bit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails