Monday, February 04, 2008

Movies & Books:

This weekend, I finished a few books and watched a movie, so I thought I'd share. First off, I have a huge crush on Dwayne Johnson, aka "the Rock". He is pretty funny as an actor, in fact, one of my favorite SNL shows was when he was the host, and he did a skit as Mr. Peeper's father. Anyhoo, after I saw the previews for his movie The Game Plan last fall, I knew it would most likely stink, but I still wanted to see it. CJ picked it up for me on Friday night, and sure enough, it was pure cheese, completely for kids, but I still got a little chuckle out of it. Treble laid on me watching, and he liked when the Bulldog (Spike) was on. Hee hee. I wouldn't say rush out and see this one, unless you have a pre-teen girl in the house.

Last night, I finished a book I've been reading for my monthly book club, called A Yellow Raft in Blue Water, by Michael Dorris. It's the story of three generations of Native American women, and the common miscommunication that cna happen in families. While it certainly isn't a "pick me up" type of story, it was very well written, and I found myself engrossed in the three tales. I'd suggest it if you like good stories.

Last week, I also finished the book Waiting for Daisy, which is the true story of author Peggy Orenstein's struggle with infertility. As a female who has (and is) also struggling, I was interested to see how Peggy presented her story, and found myself again engrossed in her tale. She often was bittersweet, but was forth right in what she went through and how her relationship with her husband was affected. It was very well written and I finished it wanting to know the next chapter in her life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails