Sunday, December 23, 2007

Juno

I went last evening to see Juno (yes, my treat is my movies alone, as I've said before). I loved it. It took me about 5 minutes to get used to the snappy dialogue, but once I was immersed in it, I really enjoyed it. I won't say that I wasn't somewhat hurt by the whole premise of it (16 year old gets PG on her first attempt at being sexually active), but the story itself was bittersweet, and was very well done, and I enjoyed the soundtrack. I really enjoyed Jason Batman and Jennifer Garner in this movie, as a potential family for Juno's baby-to-be. I realized, once again, that as adorable as Jennifer is, how big her ears are. LOL. A fact tidbit: the writer lived here in Minneapolis, and the whole movie was filled with references to cities I know.
Anyhoo, I ended up crying tears at the end (I won't spoil it and say what kind of tears), but I wholeheartedly recommend this movie for anyone looking for a cute, bittersweet, lovey comedy.
I should also add that last year, I read the memoir by the movie's author, Diablo Cody, called "Candy Girl", and it was a fun, informative, interesting read about the night life of living as a stripper for a year. She is quite a hoot. Yeah, I felt a little awkward checking it out of the library, but it WAS on the best seller list.

3 comments:

Emilie said...

Oooohhh ... I LOVED "Juno," too! (And I cried major tears at the end, too.) And I loved that scene your picture is from. :)

If you haven't seen it yet, my fellow movie lover, I've posted my list of favorites from the year over on my blog. Come visit and share yours if you have a moment. :)

kristine said...

I am quite jealous that you went and saw this. I want to see a movie so bad and this is probably my top pick right now!

Wendy and Karen said...

OK, now I have to go look at Jennifer Garner's ears. Never noticed that before.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails