Sunday, November 18, 2007

Update on my family

Thank you for all your prayers for my mom and my Grandma.

The update:

Friday, my mom and dad met with the Oncologist. Apparently, mom has a type of lymphoma that is not very aggressive and at this point, all they do is monitor the cancer, and do a repeat CAT scan and blood work every 6 months. Not exactly the best news to hear, huh? We're all trying to remain optimistic that this is slow growing and that if it does decide to become more aggressive, they'll be able to catch it and take care of it with treatment
My Grandma came home from the hospital yesterday, after 2 weeks of trying to regulate her erratic heart beat. There was a big brew ha-ha of sorts, with it being questionable of whether or not she could re-join my Grandpa at the assisted living home they now reside in. Well, they gave her the approval to go back, but they also sent her home on 5 more medications; along with the page long list of meds she is already taking, how in the world is her frail little body supposed to metabolize all these medications? *sigh*.

Needless to say, our family has been somewhat stressed and hoping for the best. We are all ready for a break and for some good news, or a vacation!

1 comment:

Emilie said...

I'm sorry to hear about this, Carrie. I've been thinking about your mom, and I can imagine it's pretty frustrating not to be able to do some kind of treatment NOW. To know that there is cancer inside your body and all they can do is "monitor" it? YUCK - I'd be so agitated. At least it's not considered an aggressive cancer, though - is that any sort of silver lining??

I hope your grandma will be OK, too. I'm sure she's happy to be back with her husband, at least.

Prayers all around.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails