Monday, October 22, 2007

Our girl is OFF THE CHARTS, and more....

Yep, our big girl is OFF THE CHARTS!
We had her 6 month check up today, where she proceeded to coo and giggle, and chatter, and gaga and dada and nana to the nurses and doctors' delight. She certainly charmed the pants on the doctor, who commented that she was one of the happiest babies she had come across in awhile! *smile*. Of course, the shots that she got in each leg did NOT keep that smile on her face; oh no, she screamed and cried and mommy even cried along with her this time - oye, my heart.


Anyhoo, our girl is off the charts for height and weight: coming in at 20 pounds, 7 ounces, and 28 1/2 inches long. Her head circumference is 45 cm., which is in the 97%ile. Whew. I knew she was big when the buttons/snaps were popping open on the 12-18 month overalls cousin Aubrie JUST gave us. But man, off the charts. No wonder she doesn't like to roll around - would you wanna move if your weight was off the charts? LOL.

This past weekend, she and I (and the puppers) got to enjoy our visit to Duluth with Papa and Nana. We got to spend lots of time with Auntie Auntie Barb (that's what Aubrie calls her great-auntie, my mom "Auntie Auntie", so we've decided FOR Keifer that she'll call Barb that), and Aubrie and my cousin (Aubrie's mom) Becky. Aubrie had fun reading to Keifer, and playing with her Auntie Auntie and Auntie Carrie (me), and asking her Uncle Dale for more ice cream (apparently this is what he is good for: fixing things and ice cream LOL). It's going to be so much fun when the girls get older, and they can chatter away and play with each other.
Listen up, Keifer, while I read you "Skip to my Lou"
Keifer decides to taste test the table and place mat before diving into her rice cereal and peas.

Big girl in the strap-on high chair

Grabbing Papa's hair is fun!

Aubrie smiled for us AFTER the picture session,of course!

Reading my Belly Button Book to my Nana (I take this very seriously)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails