Thursday, October 04, 2007

Girl, I'm gonna miss you

Keifer, mama's gonna miss you. *sigh*. I'm leaving in a few hours for the airport for Charleston. And this morning, of all mornings, Keifer was so sweet and cuddly and just so inquisitive, it made my heart melt even more so than usual. Does she know I'm leaving, so she was leaving a lasting impression on my memory to hold me over until I get home on Monday?
She was awake at the butt crack of dawn, as usual -chattering away. I finally climbed out of bed at 5:30, and made her a bottle. Usually, she chugs that bottle like she's never been fed before. Well, this morning, she would take a few swallows, then suddenly stop, take her mouth off the nipple, and gaze up at my face, almost in "awe' with her look. Then, she'd smile her big, almost-shy, gummy smile , and go back to a few more swigs of bottle. Only to repeat this sequence over and over for about 5 -8 minutes, meanwhile, getting very little milk into her. *sigh*. I cannot believe how blessed we are to have this little beautiful angel in our lives. Can she get any sweeter? Uggg. My heart, my heart. Thank you, special Auntie Mooshie, for allowing this dream of mine to become my reality.

1 comment:

kristine said...

I hope your trip goes well and youcan *try* to keep your mind of little darling for awhile. Your posts like this always make me so teary-eyed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails