Wednesday, November 01, 2006

18 weeks, my little sweet potato

18 weeks today! YAY! I had another OB check up today -nothing too crazy, just listened to the heartbeat and had my tummy measured for the first time. My uterus is right up to my belly button or so, which is apparently right on target. And, once again, one of my OBs, Addie, said, as she listened to Keifer's nice, strong heartbeat "there's your critter". *smile*. It is still like heaven to listen to.
I had my flu shot, since they suggest PG women get them, and I also had blood taken because a junior high student in the school I work with has Fifth's Disease, which apparently could be harmful to a developing fetus. Addie reassured me that most likely I'll be fine -- I'd pretty much have to be spit on by the student she said, but better to be safe and take precautions.

Babycenter.com tells me: Head to bottom, your baby is approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a large sweet potato) and she weighs almost 7 ounces. She's busy flexing her arms and legs movements that you'll likely start noticing more and more. Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin and her ears are now in position and stand out from her head. Myelin (a protective covering) is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and Fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If your baby is a boy, his genitals are noticeable, though he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

I've been feeling pretty good lately -more energy, better in the AM's, and still sleeping really good. I've started sleeping with my back and front surrounded by pillows, besides the standard pillow between my legs I've always done *(to prop my hip)*, because I don't want to wake up on my back. Apparently it could cut off blood supply to the baby if I were to lay on my back and then press the baby into some blood vessels. I have been having frequent, intense headaches again lately; I'm not sure if its PG related or the weather or stress of work. Who knows. I've been OKed to take Tylenol, and I try not to take more than 2 a day, if any.

Here's a picture of my parents and I from Sunday: its hard to tell whose belly is bigger: mine or Papa's? LOL


2 comments:

Courtney said...

I can't beleive you are 18 weeks already:) So glad youan the little one are doing well

Kir said...

you look beautiful!!! so glad your little "critter" is doing so well. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails