Wednesday, October 25, 2006

17 weeks - Keif is like an onion (he/she has many layers?)

Hee Hee, that is my little "jab" at Shrek.....I told CJ when I met him on the internet (Match.com, baby!), that I was similar to an onion -- many layers to this girl here!
I'm 17 weeks and I'm truckin' along! YAY! I thought I was in the clear for no more morning sickness -but Sunday driving home from our visit in Duluth, I honestly felt like I had the WORST hangover ever. I was so sick to my stomach and had the worst headache. I got home, and went straight to bed for 5 hours that afternoon. Monday AM, I was throwing up before work again, and ended up coming home at lunch, only to sleep the entire day away again. Either I was fighting a bug, or Keifer's sudden "growth spurt" here in this fourth month is keeping mommy on the edge yet again. Oh well, I'm still so happy to have Keifer rolling around inside me,that I'll take it as long as it means a baby in the end.
Last night, lying in bed, I could've sworn I MIGHT have felt the little bubbles that everybody talks about. I called CJ in excitement, but they were gone. I swear I can feel the "energy" of a little one in there, so maybe it WAS Keifer telling me goodnight. Who knows.

This week, babycenter.com tells me Keifer is: Your baby weighs about 5 ounces now, and he's around 5 inches long about the size of a large onion. He can move his joints, and his skeleton until now rubbery cartilage is starting to harden to bone. His sense of hearing is also developing. The umbilical cord, his lifeline to the placenta, is growing stronger and thicker.

Yay for his/ her hearing developing. Daddy is still reading the board books to Keif everynight and I hope the routine gets ingrained in his/her little developing brain. Keifer is also lucky, because mommy is always reading, singing and listening to music at work with her school kids, so he/she is getting LOTS of good early development sounds!

2 comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Those first kicks do feel like bubbles! Or popcorn. It felt a little bit like one kernal of popcorn popping where you're like, "did I feel that?"

It took another week or two until I was certain of what I was feeling.

Yeah! I'm glad Keif is growing!

Emilie said...

I'll bet that WAS Keifer! I remember the moment I first felt Daniel — we were at the movies, watching "Capote." It was hard to concentrate after that. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails