Wednesday, October 11, 2006

15 weeks and holding

15 weeks and holding on steady. We had the pleasure of receiving
our fetal doppler this week, so we have been listening quite a bit to little Keifer's heartbeat *(well, OK, I HAVE been listening quite a bit. I've been sharing the lovely sounds with my friends at work. It is just so amazing)*. The heartbeat continues to remain in the mid 150's, but last night before bed, it was in the mid 140's. So baby Keifer must settle in before bedtime, too! LOL

CJ teased me and asked if I'm going to carry the fetal doppler with me everywhere I go. I told him if HE was carrying a baby in his belly, he'd be sharing the sounds, too!

I found some pictures online of a 3-D ultrasound of a 15 week old fetus. This is what Keifer looks like! AMAZING! Every day, I get more and more excited to meet him/her. I know its quite a bit of a ways off, but time is going by so quickly, it'll be here before we know it *so CJ: ya better get crackin' on that guest room/future nursery!* I had lunch this weekend with two different sets of friends, and both days, I found myself literally GIDDY and gushing about how happy I am that I was so blessed and lucky enough to GET PG, and how excited CJ is, and all the plans we have. *(sigh)*.

Babycenter. com sent me my weekly PG update: At around 4 inches long, crown to rump, your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 ounces. He's busy inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid, which will help develop the air sacs in his lungs. His legs are growing longer than his arms now, and he can move all his joints and limbs. That means his hands are more functional, too. Sweat glands are appearing, and although his eyelids are fused shut, he can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, he's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but his taste buds are beginning to form. And if you have an ultrasound, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or girl! (Don't be disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down the gender depends somewhat on how clear the picture is and the position of your baby during the ultrasound; he may be curled or turned in such a way as to keep you in suspense.)

Thank God that my morning sickness is no longer seeming to be an "all day" sickness. I'm still gaggy as usual in the AM's, and yesterday AM I took a drink of water after breakfast, and promptly regurgitated it all right back up, all over the carpet at my feet, at the paws of Treble and Sass. Luckily it was just the water! Poor Sass was freaked out by mommy spewing water all over and was a bit nervous. LOL. The headaches are still consistent, with no rhyme or reason as to when they might show up. I'm sleeping very well still, though, so that is a relief. On Monday evening, I had my first prenatal massage (how cool it is to write that) and it was heavenly. The problem is: I could get one everyday! Just sitting at work on the computer gives me neck and shoulder tension and I'm ready for a good shoulder rub again right now!

1 comment:

Jennifer Prince said...

**doin the happy 15 week dance!**

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails