Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Fish, teeth and drugs

And the crazy dreams continue. On Sunday, CJ and I went shopping on Grand Avenue in St. Paul, which is a well known street for many shops and great restaurants. One of my favorite restaurants on Grand Avenue is called the Tavern on Grand and is famous for their walleye ( the MN state fish, a wonderful fish, yum). I love love love Tavern on Grand's shore lunch: lots of good food at a great price. I mentioned to CJ since we were on Grand Avenue, maybe we'd have lunch there. We ended up not doing that, but that night, I had a dream about eating walleye. I dreamt that I was eating walleye, and I got a bone stuck in between two of my bottom front teeth. I was picking the bone out and as I was doing this, the two teeth came out and left me with a bleeding, sore mouth. I was in Duluth at my parents' home in my dream and I remember I was using the kitchen phone to call my dentist office (the one I went to growing up) to try and get my teeth fixed. In the meantime, the bloody spots that were left in my mouth wouldn't quit bleeding. LOL. All because of that damn fish bone.

So imagine my surprise and amusement when, Monday morning, CJ informed me that he had talked to his brother, Corey , and we would be going over to Corey and Jill's that afternoon to have a walleye fish fry. LOL. Yes, it was pretty ironic. The fish was delicious, but you can bet your bottom dollar I was anal about checking for bones.
My SIL (sister in law) Jill also told me that she used to have dreams when SHE was PG about losing her teeth. I wondered what that may have symbolized, as some may say that dreams represent something more.
This is what I found :

teeth - Falling out: Loss of control over certain aspects of one's life. Powerlessness, unable to influence things or the outcome of things important. Loss of self-esteem in a situation or a chronic problem.

Now, I am not sure if there really truly IS a meaning here, but I guess there could be a few reasons I'm dreaming about losing teeth. Another site I found mentioned my lack of control and worry about my appearance --so I guess one could say that 1) I'm worried about my body image, as I lose my waist and tummy to the PG bulge, and 2) that maybe I'm worried about the PG, as I have no control over any of it and what may happen. Or, it may have something to do with work, as I am back full time now, and it is a BUSY work year already, with lots going on.
Discuss amongst yourselves.


Last night, I was overcome with worry again that something might happen. I'm not sure why, but I was suddenly sad and scared to death that Keifer might not grow as he/she should and maybe I could lose him/her. Do not ask me where that came from, but it was weird.

I went to bed OK, but again, had STRANGE and funky dreams. This time, I dreamt that my mom was using drugs (oh mom, you'll love this one). She was running around (again, in my childhood home), and sneaking around getting high. Get this: the drug she was using was called "Hail". It was smoked similar to I guess a water bong, but it was a metal thing shaped like a toilet paper tube, and she put the drugs into that. I was so pissed off at her in my dream for doing drugs, and she disappeared for awhile in it. While she was gone, I was with my dad and two of my old friends, and my dad was filling me in on how the family had tried to get my mom into rehab for her "Hail" addiction, but she managed to outsmart them. When my mom came back, I kept trying to slap her across her face to tell her to STOP the drugs, and I was yelling at her that she could NOT see Baby Bongo if she was doing drugs and I kept crying.

So strange. Of course, I woke up all freaked out and with a headache. Too much thinking and worrying, I guess, about Baby Bongo's grandma's addiction to "hail". LOL
I hope my dreams get cheerier in the near future!

1 comment:

Wendy and Karen said...

Hi! Just found your blog. I read once that dreams about losing teeth symbolized sex. Go figure...
Best of luck with your pregnancy.--Wendy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails