Friday, September 01, 2006

9 week check in

Here we are, another week gone by, and already the calendar and books tell me that I am 9 weeks along! One of my books tells me that the embryo is now considered a fetus, and is about the size of a medium green olive.

Babycenter.com says: How your baby's growing: Your new resident is nearly an inch long barely the size of a grape and weighs just a fraction of an ounce, but he's poised for rapid weight gain now that his basic physical structure is in place. He's also starting to look more and more human. His embryonic "tail" is now completely gone and his body parts including organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear.His eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. He has earlobes, and by week's end, the inner workings of his ears will be complete. His upper lip is fully formed, too, and his mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The tips of his fingers are slightly enlarged where his touch pads are developing. All major joints his shoulders, elbows, wrists, knees, and ankles are working, enabling your baby to move his limbs. As for his heart, it has divided into four chambers now, and the valves have started to develop. External sex organs are there, but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks.

This week has been a bit tougher, as I went back to work on Tuesday, after my summer of "IVF success". The days themselves aren't bad, but in the AM, I am pretty sick to my stomach, and I find the shower the main culprit. The heat of the steam tends to make me gaggy, even when I keep the water temperature at a cooler degree, and keep the fan blowing and the doorway open. I huff and puff my way around, taking breaks to breathe and eat. Of course. Once I get to work, the tremendous amount of work keeps me busy and on the go - I actually think I got more exercise in the past 4 days then I have in one full month! Walk walk walk, that's all I do -- between rooms and up and down stairs. And the kids haven't even STARTED yet! Oye.

I came home Tuesday night feeling fine, just tired. My naps have been few and far between this week. I started getting the white lights in my vision as I was lying on the couch, whispering sweet nothings to Sassy (whom is VERY ticked at me for going back to work and leaving her home alone all day with her big fur brother). I usually get the white lights, like you've looked at the sun and now you can't see -- when a migraine is about to strike. I've been lucky; I haven't had a migraine in months. But sure enough, one hour later it hit full force. I napped most of the night away and was fine the next day.
My clothes are feeling very snug this week as well. I just feel like I look pudgy/fat, with a roll of pudge right at my waistline. Capri pants I could wear in July weren't able to be zipped yesterday, forcing me to break down and wear a pair of my new maternity capris I picked up this weekend on clearance. They were comfortable, but I can see where by the end of PG, wearing NO pants will be desirable *(snicker)*.
We have a three day Labor day weekend ahead of us. I plan on sleeping as much as possible, and resting and spending time with my poor fur kids, who can't understand when I tell them mommy has to work to help buy them their new toys! LOL.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails