Friday, August 18, 2006

Are the pukies here to stay?

Uggg. I think I "blogged" too soon the other night. Yesterday I could barely drag myself out of bed and felt like I was on the verge of throwing up all day long. Sleeping was the only help. Today, I was able to get up and eat breakfast just fine, but as soon as I stepped into the shower, I had to quickly jump out to throw up. All day long I've been queasy, and again, slept like there was no tomorrow. Uggg. If this is morning sickness, hitting me at 7 weeks, I hope it doesn't stay long. I hate being sick and feeling like this. However, if Keifer is letting me know he/she is settling in for the long winter's nap, that is OK with me, too. As long as he/she stays put, I'll be OK and deal with it.
I'm just hoping this doesn't go on when I go back to work. I'm an Early Childhood Special Education teacher -- I have a classroom of brand new 3 year olds to teach. I run around all morning with them, and have to keep them within the classroom limits. How will I do this if I'm taking breaks to throw up? Time will tell if Keifer lets me have a respite from this soon.

2 comments:

Kir said...

oh no, I know the pukies can be hard.
Hang in there Carrie, and buy some saltines :)

thinking good "non pukey" thoughts for you
Kir :)

Emilie said...

Hang in there, Carrie. Ginger ale might help, too. It shouldn't last after the first trimester, and though it may sound like eternity, your second is only another five or six weeks away.

I hope it won't get too bad - sending vibes and prayers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails