Thursday, July 27, 2006

It's official: we have a SOUPBABY in me

Oh. My. God.
God is good.
God is great.
And I thank Him for this gift.

The news today.
This gift of life that is starting to grow inside me.

I'm in shock.
It's real now. I'm in utter, shaky, sick to my stomach, GIDDY, giggley, SHOCK; and yes, the tears flowed when I called Chris to tell him. Finally.

I had my beta at 8 AM, then drove up to Maple Grove to have lunch with my college friends. I hadn't expected a call or message til the afternoon. At 11:30ish, the cell phone rang, just as the 4 of us and their kids were sitting down to eat. OMG. It was Courtney calling: we are PG! I was crazy, chattering to her about my 4 + pee sticks, I told my friends while ON THE PHONE with her I was PG and they are whooting and crying in the background. She just laughed.

My beta on Tuesday was 47.7. Today was 87.7. I guess that is considered Average? I'm not sure, but of course, now I'm totally NERVOUS that it won't stick. Especially when she told me that if I had any sharp one-sided pains to call because it could be a spontaneous miscarriage. Not the words you want to hear after "Congratulations, you're PG". But I know they have to tell you. I'm to assume all my meds as regular (Estrace, Progesterone shots, baby aspirin, prenatals), and the clinic will call me to have my Ultrasound Confirmation Appointment the week of August 14-18.

I hung up and immediately called Chris. He was SO nervous all night and this AM. More nervous than ME. I was bawling when I called him (and could see all my friends in the kitchen bawling too, which makes me well up just typing this). He was scared because I was crying. I said "honey, we're PG!". OMG. It's real.

I have to go walk my furkids, poor babies have no idea why mommy has been so looney all week and today. Ugg. My tummy -- I just ate 2 hours ago and I'm ravenous again. It is too early to be SO DAMN HUNGRY, isn't it??

Thank you, God. Thank you , friends. Thank you, family. Thank you, my angel, Mooshegg/Michele. Thank you for prayers and love and just being my rocks.

8 comments:

Michele (Moosh) said...

Can't

stop

sobbing!

Love,
"Auntie Moosh"

OK, typing that made me burst into tears again!! "Auntie Moosh"!!!

My GOSH, Carrie, you are PREGNANT!!!! I want to hug you and Chris so badly right now! I can't take it!!! PRAISE GOD. THANK YOU, FATHER, for the most wonderful blessing you have bestowed upon this new, gulp, FAMILY.

Laura said...

God has given you and Chris an AMAZING blessing. Congrats!!

Kerry said...

I heard about this from a little birdie named Emilie. I am so thrilled for you and wish you a healthy, sticky 9 months (though it is less than that by now)! You are in for an amazing journey. I wish you all the best.

EDH said...

Another person here from the MN Ladies board (RaspberryLiz) who heard about this via Emilie! I'm SO thrilled for you, Carrie! I read a bit of your blog and I just can't tell you how excited I am for you. What a journey you've been on! And it's going to get better! :)

CONGRATS, and here's wishing you a healthy 9 months!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I started crying reading this post. I am so happy for you! And this baby (or babies--you won't know until the ultrasound) will stick. It has to. It just has to.

We're jumping up and down and cheering for you out here in D.C.

Emilie said...

Yay for great beta numbers!!! Who needs April in Paris? April in Minnesota is going to be WONDERFUL next year! :)

Praying for sticky vibes for you all the way, Carrie!

redgirl said...

Congrats Carrie .....:) You've been blessed with the best gift in the world.....being a mom: O:)
Redgirl

Kir said...

God is good Carrie!!!! So Good.
CONGRATS to you and Chris. You'll both be the best mommy and daddy ever.

Love
Kir

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails