Monday, November 25, 2013

Books- my favorite- BOOKS! Almost there....

As you know, if you've followed me, or spend anytime at all scrolling down the RIGHT SIDE ----> of my blog, I love to read, and each year, have competed against myself in a book competition.
I try to read at least 50 books a year,and each year, try try try to outdo the year before.

Well, my average number of books read in the past 6 years is about 76.2 books. **and HOW the hell has it been 6 years I've been doing this already? Goodness!**

Whew.

How? Well, lots of time at night, putting the girls to bed, reading on long car rides (nope, I normally DO NOT get car sick, just don't jinx me, alright?), and sneaking away to just sit (yes!) in the bathroom, door locked, for 10-15 minutes at a time, just to decompress. We all need that, correct?



I love my EW magazine, but nothing beats a great book. In the past few years, when someone asks for a recommendation, I always come back to Stephen King's
11/22/63, and no, it's not horror. It's time travel and it's love and it's amazing. I LOVE IT.  Read it.  I also love a good mystery or drama, and lately, fluffy romances don't even hold my interest like they used to. They should, but they don't.



I get most of my suggestions from People magazine, EW, Goodreads (I'm on there, are you?), and the library home page. I do a LOT of holds on books at the library- and I usually fly through them (yes, I'm fast). I don't want to invest in buying most books, because I read most of them fast, and if I don't like them, I don't want to keep them. 


How about YOU?



Any suggestions you think I should, just absolutely HAVE to read?


Here are what I've read thus far this year- with another month left ahead of me (and a bag of 3 books just picked up at the library this weekend!

1. Garnethill --Denise Mina (Kindle)
2. Beautiful Ruins --Jess Walter
3. Department of Lost and Found -- Allison Winn Scotch
4. The Song Remains the Same --Allison Winn Scotch
5. The Fault in our Stars--John Green
6. Like a Charm--Edited by Karin Slaughter
7. The Stuff That Never Happened--Maddie Dawson (Kindle)
8. Objects of My Affection: A Novel --Jill Smolinski
9. Shunning Sarah --Julie Kramer
10. Touch and Go --Lisa Gardner
11. The 7th Month: A Detective D.D. Warren Story (Kindle Single) --Lisa Gardner
12. The Caller --Karin Fossum
13. The Twelve Tribes of Hattie--Ayana Mathis
14. Delirium--Lauren Oliver ** Re-Read this
15. Pandemonium --Lauren Oliver
16. The Burn Palace--Stephen Dobyns
17. Hana--Lauren Oliver (Kindle Single)
18. The Kindness of Strangers --Katrina Kittle
19. The Blessings of the Animals --Katrina Kittle
20. Heart Sick --Chelsea Cain
21. Sweetheart --Chelsea Cain
22. Two Truths and a Lie-- Katrina Kittle
23. Requiem--Lauren Oliver
24. Evil at Heart --Chelsea Cain
25. The Night Season --Chelsea Cain
26. Kill You Twice --Chelsea Cain
27. Family Pictures --Jane Green
28. Not A Match: My True Tales of Online Dating --Brian Donovan (Kindle Single)
29. The Other Side --Chevy Stevens (Kindle Single)
30. The Humanity Project --Jean Thompson (most of this book, couldn't finish it, lost interest)
31.  Long Gone: A Novel --Alafair Burke (Kindle)
32. Angel's Tip --Alafair Burke (Kindle)
33. The Racketeer--John Grisham
34. 212--Alafair Burke (Kindle)
35. Drinking and Tweeting: And Other Brandi Blunders --Brandi Glanville
36. Never Tell --Alafair Burke
37. Reconstructing Amelia -- Kimberly McCreight
38. Busted --Karin Slaughter (Kindle Single)
39. The Interestings- Meg Wolitzer
40. The Engagements --J. Courtney Sullivan
41. If You Were Here --Alafair Burke
42. Life After Life-- Kate Atkinson
43. Sisterland: A Novel-- Curtis Sittenfeld
44. Always Watching --Chevy Stevens
45. The Kill Room -- Jeffery Deaver
46. Judgement Calls --Alafair Burke
47. And the Mountains Echoed --Khaled Hosseini
48.  Ordinary Grace --William Kent Krueger
49. The Husband's Secret --Liane Moriarty
50. Chose the Wrong Guy, Gave Him the Wrong Finger --Beth Harbison
51. Her Last Breath --Linda Castillo
52.  Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns -- Lauren Weisberger
53.  The Smart One-- Jennifer Close
54. Gods and Beasts--Denise Mina
55. The Man of My Dreams --Curtis Sittenfeld
56.  Visitation Street -- Ivy Pochoda
57. Big Brother: A Novel --Lionel Shriver
58. Unseen--Karin Slaughter
59. Let Me Go--Chelsea Cain
60. The Ocean at the End of the Lane --Neil Gaiman
61. The 9th Girl --Tami Hoag
62. The Light in the Ruins--Chris Bohjalian
63. Necessary Lies --Diane Chamberlain
64. Mistress --James Patterson & David Ellis
65. Doctor Sleep --Stephen King
66. The Silent Wife -- A.S.A Harrison
67. After Her --Joyce Maynard

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails