Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baby: it's COLD outside!

We woke up today to -25 below zero- without the wind chill. My GOODNESS, it hurts to be outside. Many of my friends up north have no school today, as THEIR districts were smart and canceled school. This weather is insane. Makes me whine for the days of balmy Mexico a few weeks back.

Because the roads are covered in black ice from the cold, driving into work Tuesday and yesterday took over an hour and *around* 20 minutes or so. Try that with a hungry girl who likes to talk non-stop in the backseat and what a drive. I will say, though, she does know "slippery" now - so to Keifer "slippery" and "cold- brrr" goes hand in hand.

This AM, I was up at 5:30 AM showering and K heard me, so she decided it was Elmo time. Uggg. So we were all up early and on the road by 6:35, and made it to Elaine's in record time. It's amazing what an extra 30 minutes on the road (early) will do for you. It was also nice to get to work and not have to rush around like a maniac getting things ready.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails