Saturday, March 08, 2008

Swim suit shopping and body image

I went swim suit shopping yet AGAIN today with K this afternoon; it did not go well. K was a dream girl for most of the shopping - she loves to sit in her stroller and take in all her surroundings. I hit a million stores with suits, and tried on about 10 of them. The problem is , I have broad shoulders, so I usually need a halter type top to "minimize" the broadness. However, I have small boobies, and after PG, even though I didn't breastfeed, they are a bit more 'saggy' than I had anticipated, and therefore, need a bit of a lift in that area. My midsection is still 'pouchy' looking to me, even though I have lost about 5 pounds in the past few weeks (thanks to regular gym work outs), CJ is telling me I look skinnier, and some of my post-PG pants are finally getting baggy on me. I still have 10 more pounds to go, to hit my pre-PG weight of the summer of 2006. I made the mistake of trying on some pre-PG jeans before we left today, and oye, that was not good. My hips have spread, and that extra 10 pounds made it seem as though my jeans were spray painted on; I was scared to even walk or bend over. Ahh, the fun of the body and the images we have in our head of what we THINK looks good on us. I just hope I find something I like before we hit the Riveria Maya next month. I really shouldn't care all that much, but I just want to be comfortable with myself.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Congratulations to you for even going bathing suit shopping, I don't think I am brave enough to do that. Pregnancy has a way of permanently moving things around, no matter how much (or little) you weigh.

kristine said...

I hope you find something that you love. As hard as it is, every woman should own a swimsuit that she at least likes how she looks in. I know it's tough but just keep up the spirits and keep a good attitude about it or else yo will end up HATING everything!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails