We have been busy bees around this house! When things get down to the wire, my caged cougar starts barking out orders. LOL. CJ put together our swing this weekend, I cleaned the house like a madwoman (hey, I had a 3 day weekend thanks to a Snow Storm day on Friday!), we power shopped yesterday, and are making To-Do lists like there is no tomorrow.
- TO DO: Pick up crib from our friends in the next few nights
- Make appointment with fire station (literally 1 block away) to install infant car seat properly
- Hang shelves in closet and on wall (from Home Depot and IKEA, respectively)
- Mural is being painted most likely THIS WEEKEND in our "almost" finished nursery
- Pre-registration for hospital has just been sent in mail
- Pack hospital bag
- Have parents bring down yet MORE bins of clothes from God-Daughter Aubrie and see if we need any more items right away
- Pick up new toys/bones for dogs for when we get home with Keifer and present the baby to them (along with the new toys)
- Find a lamp shade post -either wall or floor - for the adorable farm lamp shade that we need to put up
- Line chest drawers from MIL with paper and put away the receiving blankets/burp clothes, etc.., that are lining the top of the dresser
Here are some pictures of our nursery - its getting there, slowly but surely! Its' hard to see the gorgeous yellow: Baby Bee Yellow by Behr's Disney collection (Home Depot). To the right when you walk in: the combo changer/dresser and we'll hang one shelf above this higher up with animals, knickknacks, pictures, etc..
Sassy on her new favorite perch, since we've taken the guest bed out - the rocking ottoman: mommy made it comfy for her with her chiropractic pillow (she lies in the curve) and a baby blanket (this was the first day, helping her adjust, the green blanket is no longer there, LOL) New rocker/ottoman and chest from MIL
To the left: crib will go in front, with mural of animals from bedding above it. We may put a few small shelves above the chest or in the corner on this side - and see that lambie on the chest? It was my FIL (Father-in-law's) when HE was a baby - 60+ years ago! Amazing, huh?Tomorrow, my work place is having a shower for me - yet another blessed event in Keifer's unborn life. The joy and love and family surrounding this baby just amazes me and moves me to tears! And; CJ's work is having one next week - unbelievable. I say it over and over, but I just feel so amazed at the kindness of so many people. This is one loved, spoiled girl.
At work today, I told people I felt like Keifer has "dropped" a bit. A few other people commented on it with out me even saying anything to them. Tonight, changing out of my "work clothes", into my lived -in jammies, I noticed she seems bigger towards the bottom, right on top of my over-active bladder, which would make it seem as though she HAS dropped. She is getting big. Forty-four extra pounds big *eyebrows raised*. Again, the nice comments from people at work, and my dear hubby tonight, telling me that I don't even look PG from the back, are keeping my spirits up when I realize just HOW MUCH weight has been piled on my front side. Not that I mind - it's just shock to my system to see the scale going up like that.
I had my last and hopefully final appointment with my Gestational Diabetes doctor today. I've been doing very well with the diet and controlling my blood sugar through diet, with only a few mistakes here and there. *whew*. The doc said I don't have to come in for any more appointments unless something happens to come up in the next few weeks. I also am supposed to monitor my blood sugar 1-2 times a day for 6 weeks after Keifer is born, which won't be a problem - if anything, hopefully it will help me get my extra pounds off.