Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Thanksgiving: A time to be thankful
CJ and I are leaving for North Dakota tonight, immediately following work. His uncle Carl is getting married tomorrow, the afternoon before Thanksgiving, in Bismarck. We'll be leaving for Grand Forks tonight, staying over with his parents, and then driving tomorrow AM for the hotel and festivities. It will be so much fun -- CJ's whole family will be there and my Abbers and Mason. I even bought a new swim suit last night at Target (*blush*) in an XLarge, so that I can take advantage of the "water park" facilities our hotel has. LOL.
I'll be gone over the Thanksgiving holiday, but I wanted to say how thankful I am for the friends and family I have. It's been quite the year, and even though there were hard parts, there were also very excited and happy times.
So, without further adu, I'm so thankful 1) for my wonderful husband. My best friend, my rock through all these hard times. My sweet, caring, fun, doting CJ. It's our anniversary on Friday, 3 years, and I'm in shock at how fast the years went be.
2) I'm so thankful for my parents. Without them, achieving Keifer wouldn't have been as fast as it would. They helped us through with the financial aspects of IVF, and are so excited to be a "Bumpa" and "Nana", they can barely stand it. We love them.
3) I'm so thankful for CJ's family. They give us unconditional support and love, and are just wonderfully supportive at all times. Keifer Lynn is a lucky girl to be born into these families.
4) Of course, I'm so thankful for my Moosh Egg Angel. Words cannot express the love and gratitude we feel for her (and her Maddie, too). Without her, Keifer Lynn would still be a dream to CJ and I.
5) Sassy Sage and Treble *Tboy*. My loves. My rescued best fur friends. Sage is a mommy's shadow and Tboy is a protective big brother already. *sigh* I just love them.
and of course,
6) My Keifer Lynn, growing inside my warm and safe womb. Mommy and Daddy and all the friends and family surrounding us love her so much already, it brings tears to my eyes.
And, of course, I'm thankful for the friends, in both real life and on the internet, that have offered CJ and I endless support, ears to listen, plentiful prayers (*my Prayer Warriors!*), and love for us and Keifer Lynn.
Yes, we really do have plenty to be thankful for this year.