Thursday, January 02, 2014

50 Book Challenge: 2013 - DONE!

Here it is! My completed list of 76 full books in 2013! Whew, I had it down to the wire with my last one, which kept me up late reading on Jan 1 (but I still counted is 2013!!).  If  you like mysteries, and liked the movie "Lincoln Lawyer", you'll like the "Gods of Guilt!"

One of the books raved about this year was "Life After Life", and I have to say, yes, I enjoyed it. It is the type of book that doesn't move fast, because it is so richly written and you want to read each and every word, to fully savor the story. It's the story of one woman being born and dying, over and over and over.....sounds different, but once you get into the rhythm of the story, you'll like it. I liked some of Ursula's lives vs others, which I'm sure you'll say as well.

I also really enjoyed "Unseen" by Karin Slaughter, but I love her Will Trent character. He's awesome, and it's a bloody mystery, but so well done.  I also liked "Beautiful Ruins", and  "The Burn Palace" was different (suggested by Stephen King), if you like different books.     "Ordinary Grace" kept me up late, again, with it's slow movement, but rich writing set in MN.  Speaking of Stephen King, I LOVED "Doctor Sleep".   I creeped myself out reading the recap of "The Shining", because it has been many years since I read it. However, reading it scared me half to death, and I remember being terrified reading it!  "Doctor Sleep" didn't terrify me, although there are a few spots worth watching out for! Get it! It's so good!

Let me know if YOU have any I MUST read! My list at the library is always ongoing!


1. Garnethill --Denise Mina (Kindle)
2. Beautiful Ruins --Jess Walter
3. Department of Lost and Found -- Allison Winn Scotch
4. The Song Remains the Same --Allison Winn Scotch
5. The Fault in our Stars--John Green
6. Like a Charm--Edited by Karin Slaughter
7. The Stuff That Never Happened--Maddie Dawson (Kindle)
8. Objects of My Affection: A Novel --Jill Smolinski
9. Shunning Sarah --Julie Kramer
10. Touch and Go --Lisa Gardner
11. The 7th Month: A Detective D.D. Warren Story (Kindle Single) --Lisa Gardner
12. The Caller --Karin Fossum
13. The Twelve Tribes of Hattie--Ayana Mathis
14. Delirium--Lauren Oliver ** Re-Read this
15. Pandemonium --Lauren Oliver
16. The Burn Palace--Stephen Dobyns
17. Hana--Lauren Oliver (Kindle Single)
18. The Kindness of Strangers --Katrina Kittle
19. The Blessings of the Animals --Katrina Kittle
20. Heart Sick --Chelsea Cain
21. Sweetheart --Chelsea Cain
22. Two Truths and a Lie-- Katrina Kittle
23. Requiem--Lauren Oliver
24. Evil at Heart --Chelsea Cain
25. The Night Season --Chelsea Cain
26. Kill You Twice --Chelsea Cain
27. Family Pictures --Jane Green
28. Not A Match: My True Tales of Online Dating --Brian Donovan (Kindle Single)
29. The Other Side --Chevy Stevens (Kindle Single)
30. The Humanity Project --Jean Thompson (most of this book, couldn't finish it, lost interest)
31.  Long Gone: A Novel --Alafair Burke (Kindle)
32. Angel's Tip --Alafair Burke (Kindle)
33. The Racketeer--John Grisham
34. 212--Alafair Burke (Kindle)
35. Drinking and Tweeting: And Other Brandi Blunders --Brandi Glanville
36. Never Tell --Alafair Burke
37. Reconstructing Amelia -- Kimberly McCreight
38. Busted --Karin Slaughter (Kindle Single)
39. The Interestings- Meg Wolitzer
40. The Engagements --J. Courtney Sullivan
41. If You Were Here --Alafair Burke
42. Life After Life-- Kate Atkinson
43. Sisterland: A Novel-- Curtis Sittenfeld
44. Always Watching --Chevy Stevens
45. The Kill Room -- Jeffery Deaver
46. Judgement Calls --Alafair Burke
47. And the Mountains Echoed --Khaled Hosseini
48.  Ordinary Grace --William Kent Krueger
49. The Husband's Secret --Liane Moriarty
50. Chose the Wrong Guy, Gave Him the Wrong Finger --Beth Harbison
51. Her Last Breath --Linda Castillo
52.  Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns -- Lauren Weisberger
53.  The Smart One-- Jennifer Close
54. Gods and Beasts--Denise Mina
55. The Man of My Dreams --Curtis Sittenfeld
56.  Visitation Street -- Ivy Pochoda
57. Big Brother: A Novel --Lionel Shriver
58. Unseen--Karin Slaughter
59. Let Me Go--Chelsea Cain
60. The Ocean at the End of the Lane --Neil Gaiman
61. The 9th Girl --Tami Hoag
62. The Light in the Ruins--Chris Bohjalian
63. Necessary Lies --Diane Chamberlain
64. Mistress --James Patterson & David Ellis
65. Doctor Sleep --Stephen King
66. The Silent Wife -- A.S.A Harrison
67. After Her --Joyce Maynard
68. Cartwheel --Jennifer duBois
69. Tamarack County--William Kent Krueger
70. Quiet Dell --Jayne Anne Phillips
71. Faking It --Elisa Lorello (Kindle)
72. Ordinary World --Elisa Lorello (Kindle)
73. Accused --Lisa Scottoline
74. Sister Mother Husband Dog: Etc. --Delia Ephron
75. Why I Love Singlehood --Kindle Elisa Lorello & Sarah Girrel
76. The Gods of Guilt --Michael Connelly





1 comment:

Wendy and Karen said...

Wow! Great list! 76 books! I know I'll be referring to your list for many weeks to come. Thanks for sharing it with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails