Friday, January 13, 2012

A new year!

Happy New Year!

So much to say, so little time, so little energy. I feel like all I do is: get up, go to work, work my buns off, get girls, get home, eat, sleep, repeat cycle. I have zero energy to blog, yet I have about 10 posts already started and I have so many thoughts swirling around in my head I want to get out, but when I actually get a few minutes to do so, I sit down, and promptly blank out. Exhaustion has done that to me. Plus, I'm now doing assessment again for my job part time, and it's A LOT of work. A LOT. Let's just say that we've got about 20 kids in process, and that is just for one team, one teacher and we're only part time. BUT- the mommy in me wants to help all these parents out, whether they realize they need it or not. *sigh*.

Things are insane at home. I need to update you all of Keifer and her sensory integration status-after a year of therapy, she "graduated" but she still has issues we deal with. She is half-way through her first year attending preschool- 2 days a week and LOVING IT. Like, I MEAN LOVING it. The girl loves school and she also recently started gymnastics, which "she wants to do for years!".

Kyla is a hysterically-funny 2 1/2 year old who will.not.stop.talking (and here we wondered if she ever would), and what a hellish week we've had THIS past week, with her being sick. Yet, another ear infection, plus coughing that required nebbing, and home 4 days of 5 with either CJ or myself. Thank God we both have sick time, but we are praying that no one else gets sick this year!

We moved this past summer into a gorgeous new home, that we all adore. It's got so much space for us, and a great yard, and we were blessed with the good fortune of having LOTS of neighbors that have young kids, mainly young girls! Keifer is beside herself when we get home each night, begging to play with at least 1 of the girls we know around our loop.

I started Physical Therapy on my right knee last month, and have my first follow up appointment tonight. I've always had bad knees, but it's gotten to the point that I can barely walk up stairs, or do my beloved new passion, Zumba, without shooting, scream-out-loud pain. I saw 2 Orthopedic doctors in the last 9 months, and PT is the first stop on the "let's see what we can do " train. Next stop: MRI that we will have to pay full price for and (hopefully) a shot of Cortisone, that might allow me to continue with my passion of Zumba. I call it (zumba) my girls' night out at the club!

CJ is good, and we have had our ups and downs. Marriage is a LOT of hard work, and its a tough road with a challenging child like Keifer in our mix. More later on that, but things are good now.

I have pictures, posts, and lots of things, as I said above, so please know I want to write. I NEED to write-it's therapeutic. I just need a week away from my life to do so (ha ha, sort of).

Anyhoo, starting my "50 book challenge for 2012". I love to read. I love to recommend good books. I cannot wait for ANY of you to read 11/22/63 by Stephen King, if you have not. If you haven't get it. I was sad it ended.

I also really enjoyed the last book I just finished: Second Nature, by Jacquelyn Mitchard. Initially, I didn't know what to think of it and wasn't all that into it. Then the middle of the book took hold of me and I couldn't put the book down. Finally, it ended much too abstract for a concrete person like myself to enjoy. But I say READ IT!

*(sidenote here: You all know that Keifer was named after a character in JM's book A Theory of Relativity, right? Not THE character, but the name)*

I was also lucky enough over the holiday break to indulge in some good ol' movie viewings, in the theater. You all know that is my #1 passion: movies. I cannot wait for this Sunday's Golden Globe presentation, even IF I am wayyyyy behind on all the movies that are nominated.

Soon, my friends, you will be bombarded by posts of the summer happenings (yes, 2011 Summer! More than 5 or 6 months ago!), and pictures as much as I can!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Nice to get an update! Life just never slows down, I finally have started to stop waiting for a lull... I don't think it's coming for a while :).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails