Thursday, January 29, 2009

Halfway mark: The belly pics

Twenty weeks and growing! Hard to believe I've reached the halfway mark and it's literally been a blur to me!
I've been feeling so much better, and even took a yoga class the other night. It wasn't as 'smooth' as I had hoped it would be, but I was able to do some one legged balancing poses, so I was proud of myself for that!

What babycenter.com tells us: Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).See what your baby looks like this week.


Here I am , sporting the bella band *aka sleeve at Motherhood* (thanks, Karri & Suzanne!) I still can't wear maternity pants without them getting loose and falling off me. I can wear 2 pair of regular pants still, and my other jeans fit well under the bella bands, and zip about halfway up with the band on. Popping, but not TOO bad, or so I thought....
My belly at 20 weeks after a Chinese dinner !
the belly button is starting to spread!
And here are my 20 week belly pictures from my PG with Keifer!
Here I THOUGHT I wasn't getting that big, then suddenly I POPPED out! I guess I wasn't as big at 20 weeks with Keifer as I remembered myself being! (maybe it's the whole "getting used" to the idea of actually gaining this much weight that isn't as bad this time? Hmmm....)
The bump isn't as noticeable THEN!


2 comments:

Michele (Moosh) said...

I don't know how to vote!!! LOL

Good luck! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

kristine said...

Your belly looks adorable! i LOVE it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails